We Would Love You To Join The Team At Smartway Builders
Right now we’re looking for really great people at all levels …
LBP Builders, Qualified / Experienced Carpenters, Hammer hands, and 1st / 2nd / 3rd Year Apprentices
Our goal is to give all New Zealand residential property owners access to quality, affordable advice, products and building services, provided by qualified, knowledgeable and experienced tradespeople and professionals who they can trust, depend on and be totally comfortable with; tradespeople and professionals who follow the rules and are committed to old fashioned values such as honesty, integrity, fairness, dependability, cleanliness, promptness and common courtesy, and who care about the results they produce and delivering what they promise.
To achieve our mission, we will only hire the best of the bunch. Our LBP’s, carpenters, hammer hands and apprentices have a drive to succeed and see a job finished while exceeding the expectations of our customers.
What Smartway Builders Can Do For You
- Get some work / life balance back… work for us, have a life!
- Tired of working nights and weekends to stay on top of the paperwork? Let us handle it all for you. We take care of the paperwork, quotes and selling. So less stress for you and more time with the family or friends
- Seem to be forever “On-Call”? Get your weekends and evenings back
- Get to take your holidays. Work hard, have funds… and get more annual leave than the standard 4 weeks. Guaranteed!
- Be part of a team that:
- Enjoy what they do
- Get along together
- Show each other respect
- Have each other’s back
- Value each other’s contribution
- You’ll participate in ongoing learning and education so you can develop, improve and stay up to date… and you’ll be treated as a person not a “disposable number”
- You’ll be well compensated with great hourly rates, incentives and bonuses… and depending on the site location, a modern vehicle or paid travel time / petrol money as well
- You’ll be paid every Wednesday in cleared funds, not when someone gets “around to it”
- You’ll get to deliver a quality end result, and never be asked to cover something up. NEVER!
- You’ll participate in Fun Days as well as work days.
- Compensation will depend on role, responsibilities, experience, skills, qualifications and overall contribution to the business.
- You’ll work for a family oriented business with owners who actually give a damn about you and what you have to offer… and lots more as well
We’d Really Like You To:
- Want to deliver a quality end result and be part of a growing team dedicated to “Being the Best” and who actually care about quality of work, following the rules and taking care of our clients.
- Be physically fit and strong, experienced in your area, have a good personality, produce quality workmanship, have a desire to continue learning and have a sense of humour.
- Have leadership skills and potentially be able to own and manage client projects end-to-end, including managing all the relevant sub trades.
- Have experience successfully running a building crew for a site or sites, and delivering quality work on time and on budget.
- Own a range of tools, and a reliable modern cell phone, have up to date technology including email and internet access, and your own reliable vehicle. Or maybe we’ll supply some or all of these for you.
- Deliver a high standard of work, with pride taken in doing a good job within a reasonable timeframe.
- Have a good industry knowledge in relation to building requirements and standards, safety rules etc.
- Be committed to, and ensure compliance to, all Health and Safety rules.
- Be honest, reliable, able to work unsupervised or as part of a team, and have a good ability to speak and understand English.
- Pride yourself on being on time and treating our clients with the respect they deserve. This includes being responsive to phone calls and emails.
- Have good presentation, communication and client relationship-building skills as you will be representing our business in front of a range of clients.
- Be relaxed and easy going, have a great personality and be comfortable meeting new people.
- Be able to complete simple paperwork, including keeping accurate timesheets or invoices by client and job, operating an order book and procuring various items from our suppliers.
- Have a clean criminal history, hold a current New Zealand driving license, plus New Zealand citizenship, permanent residency or work permit.
To be in the running, please provide the following via email:
- Full name, current residential address, daytime and a/hours phone numbers, date of birth and email address
- Details of experience, qualifications, other relevant information including your experience level with technology (smartphones, email, text etc.)
- Tell us how you provide exceptional customer service and why you believe that working with us would be good for everyone (good for you, for us, and for our clients)
- Two relevant recent references (written or contact details)
- Recent head and shoulders photo
- Availability details (i.e. when you can start)